Sunday, March 2, 2014

Spring is in the air


I was reminded yesterday that I have been once again neglecting my blog. I’d love to tell you that as usual, I’ve been swamped with activity, but the truth is I’ve just had a spat of laziness.

Not to say that I haven’t been doing anything, just nothing alpaca related. I’ve planted the spring garden, been busy trying new recipes, cleaned out part of the house and had a yard sale. I have not been out to the shop or even looked at my spinning wheel.

 

I’ve changed that these last couple of weekends. I have been warping the loom for a couple more scarves with the royal baby yarn we had done back in Connecticut. I’ve sewed some alpaca dolls from the felt we had made in Utah. And, here’s the big one…. I up dated the web store!

 

That may seem like no big deal to some of you. But for me code is a foreign language. And my website was built in such a way that I can’t just fill out a couple of fields and magically have the new items appear. Trust me, I wish that it did work that way, but it doesn’t. And I fear going to that type of system because I have finally got this one looking the way I want it, I don’t want to start all over. (hmm, there’s that laziness again.)

For me, all things computer involve some sort of evil magic and a whole lot of luck. Ironic, considering my day job is as a CAD Tech, and I spend all day on a computer. It’s a love/hate relationship.

 
Anyway, since we finally got our long awaited rain last night, and the yard is a muddy mess. I see another day of pleasantly puttering around the house, dusting off the spinning wheel, finishing the warp for the scarves and possibly cutting out another alpaca doll to start sewing on. Or I might make a loaf of Irish soda bread, (I did my first one yesterday. Easy to make and tasty, my kind of baking!) or do something domestic, like laundry (not that I really want to, but it would sever no one any good if we started running around naked for lack of clean cloths.). The sky  is the limit! Spring is in the air!

No comments: