Wednesday, March 12, 2014


I love a good day.

Friday was a good day.

I had the day off from work (which, quite frankly, by it’s self would have qualified Friday as a good day.) as I had a group coming out later in the morning to visit the alpacas. I started the morning with a nice relaxing cup of coffee as the sun was coming up. After feeding the alpacas and cats, I picked a mountain of carrots, kale, chard, chives, cilantro and a couple of tomatoes.

My group showed up right on time and spent an hour and a half feeding alpacas pellets and carrot tops. Okay, most of them spent an hour and a half feeding alpacas; the littlest ones spent most of their time playing in the dirt.

After everyone went back home, I finished cleaning carrots and blanched veggies for freezing. Since I was in the kitchen anyway, I made loaf of soda bread, which ended up being part of dinner.

Out side, I planted some watermelons and tomatoes. Dot brought over a day lily looking for a home, so we found a spot to plant that as well.

Then I wound down the evening sewing another alpaca doll.
It was a good day.


No comments: